Monday, September 21, 2015

A Little of This and a Little of That...

During a late night sewing session, I was able to make progress on three UFOs.


I have a Scrappy Trips Around the World quilt I'm working on that is a Bonnie Hunter/Quiltville free pattern from her blog.  Most of my blocks are from a few swaps that I did through a Flickr group, but I wasn't able to do the latest round due to my family life being CRAZY!!!

The small blue, orange and yellow units are a few of the final units I need to piece for my Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt from 2013.  I have begun to piece blocks and have pieced 32 of the 121
needed!  Yes, that's 121 nine inch blocks for a king sized quilt.  It is such a gorgeous quilt and I want to finish it's I keep plugging away at it knowing that there is a finite number of units and blocks and I will get it all finished.  And then it's going on our bed.


 
Blocks for Celtic Solstice Mystery

The partial block under my needle is for the Canasta Quilt designed by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson.  It is a wedding gift for my sister.  (And I am not going to discuss when the wedding was!!)

Wedding "Canasta Quilt" on the Wall

On a personal note, I am pretty busy with my four kiddos still at home, but I have had my baby grandson with us since August 15 (but who's counting!).  Baby Archer is my daughter's son and she is a United States Marine.  She is normally stationed in North Carolina, but has a field exercise in California.  It was supposed to be August 25 through September 25; but it is turning out to be August 15 through October 2!!!! Yikes, that's not a month, that's SEVEN weeks, (but again, who's counting!)
He's adorable and wonderful and I love him to pieces, but having a baby around again when my youngest is 8 is a whole new ballgame. So, I am sewing when I can which means naptimes and sometimes late nights, and not committing to extra things like big swaps.

This is an older picture of Archer, but I love it with him on the quilt I made him.  This is actually the back.

So, I am thankful that I am making progress on these UFOs and I will keep on sewing because I enjoy the process as much as a finished quilt.









No comments:

Post a Comment