Monday, December 2, 2013

Another Finished Top and Gingerbread Houses!

I didn't spend the whole weekend on Celtic Solstice Mystery!  Although, that would have been pretty fun!  I had to clear my design wall and I needed to sew one more border onto my Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 quilt top.  This is the version where I used fabrics from my stash; I also pieced one with the fabric kit that I purchased from Craftsy.  That one is still in block form and needs to spend some time on the design wall getting put together!


When I first went to sew on the two side borders, I found that they were much too long and I couldn't figure out where I went wrong.  Well, I had used a scant 1/4" seam when piecing the half square triangles together and it was too scant.  Well, I didn't want to rip out all those seams, and since I do press my seams to one side, I just re-sewed the same seams just as true 1/4"!  It worked, they fit beautifully.  I had so much fun making this quilt top using fabrics I already had.  Craftsy offered the BOM classes free for 2012 and 2013.  The two quilts are very different, but I like it that they are.  This quilt was designed and taught by Laure Nownes.

Also, on Sunday my mom hosted her annual Gingerbread House Workshop for the kids in her life.  I had four of mine participating this year.  They do a pretty good job and it is fun finding places in our house amongst our decorations for the houses. 






No comments:

Post a Comment